On 4 June, Broadmead BID manager Steve Bluff, along with a specialist panel, including key speakers in Bristol City Council, attended a webinar to talk through the relevant guidance for non-essential retailers to reopen and operate safely post-lockdown. Hosted by the Bristol City Centre BID, all Broadmead BID retailers were invited to attend this free event.
Guest speakers who also took part in the webinar were:
• Adrian Jenkins, Public Protection Manager at Bristol City Council
• Jason Thorne, Economic Development Manager at Bristol City Council
• Kurt James, COVID Incident Team Manager at Bristol City Council
• Beth Austin, Creative Director of family retail business Vinegar Hill
• Josh Harrison, Store Manager at Wilko
There were opportunities to respond to any concerns or queries, and through the chat function, attendees had the chance to share their experiences, tips and advice on how they were currently operating, or plan to operate post-lockdown.