Our friends at Bristol City Centre BID have created a useful information hub, which includes all the current and up to date guidance from the UK Government for employees, employers and businesses and much more. Please see HERE for regularly updated information.
In response to COVID-19, the government announced support for small businesses and businesses working in these sectors:
Please check the link from the Business Rates department in Bristol City Council HERE as your business may be eligible for a grant. You can apply for the grant directly on the link.
Business Rate Retail Discount
From April 2019 to March 2020, certain retail premises can have a business rates discount for premises with a rateable value of less than £51,000.
From April 2020 to March 2021, there is a full discount which has been widened to include retail, hospitality and leisure venues. There will be no rateable value limit on the discount.
The discount is:
– one third off the net business rates bill from April 2019 to March 2020
– 100% off the net business rates bill from April 2020 to March 2021
For all information and to apply, please click HERE.
Business West – Trading Through Coronavirus.
The Trading Through Coronavirus website aims to help businesses navigate their way through the crisis by enabling them to submit questions via a web form, as well as signposting them to vital financial information and resources – such as the government’s Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – along with a plethora of practical advice and guidance.
For more information and to register for updates, please click HERE.
All non-essential retailers, including cafes and restaurants are now closed until further notice. For further information click HERE.
Limit the spread of infection
Advice from the NHS can be found HERE
• Regularly wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water are not available
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick or who have recently travelled to affected areas
• If you feel unwell, stay at home